Thursday, May 19, 2011

Potpourri

The plan yesterday was for me and Connie, along with one grandson, to go to the dollar store. Well, that plan fell through after Connie forgot something at home. While we were there, her husband decided to go along. The grandson got obstinate and papaw did not help with his solution. One of those days when nothing works out. Those few hours wore me out as if I had shopped at a two or three grocery stores, the pet store and the dollar store.

Two things: Yahoo mail sucks and so does Internet Explorer 9. So there!!
I made a Mississippi Mud Cake and a tortellini dish today. I promptly gave the cake to Connie and her crowd and tried to do the same with the tortellini They were wonderful. In fact so wonderful as to be dangerous. She took the cake and I am faced with a pretty good amount of yummy pasta with marinara.


I put some dried-out bread on the patio hoping to lure a few birds. I waited all day, but finally a few minutes ago, one young sparrow hopped around sampling the offering. Momo usually chatters at the birds, but this bird was so close I think Momo was speechless. Oh, he was excited. He quivered from whiskers to tail. The door was closed and the shades drawn except for one blade that was stuck in the window runner. The small opening was enough for Momo to imagine the fearless black hunter stalking game. I love watching cats when they zone in, or for that matter, zone out. Sweetness oozes out of the most feisty cat when he sleeps.


I spend alot of time seeking validation. I go right along and then from left field comes insecurity, unworthiness. I do not like myself more than usual then. I have good qualities, so why do the negatives gain such control? I see being a ring in the tree much differently than you did. Or maybe not.


Later, Dude.

1 comment:

  1. The image I got of Momo speechless made me laugh out loud. LOL! I'm glad he was so entertained up close! I have yet to update IE to version 9, mainly because I hear it stinks! And you, my phriend, are worth a LOT. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete