Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super

Bad times and bad health hit many of my friends lately. Reactions to life-saving meds, dire diagnoses, family woes, friends face obstacles I do not. I am thankful and blessed.

Excess energy carries me along. Dishes, sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, this charged woman can handle all. Maybe what I see, or even imagine, sparks my body into action.

In honor of Super Bowl Sunday, I plan to make some guacamole and some queso.

My mom called to tell me 15 seventh-grade girls from her church came and cleaned for 2.5 hours. The girls rotated her mattress, changed the bedding, vacuumed everything, including the two couches, trimmed and cleaned her flower beds and raked the leaves in mom's backyard. One girl went to the grocery. The girls worked gratis. The sponsor left her name and number in case mom would like to hire the girls. What a wonderful community project and what a learning experience for the girls.

Sending out special vibes for my friend who faces a surgery and an unsure diagnosis. Love goes to another friend who also faces an unknown diagnosis. I know the waiting eats at us all.

Prayers for a PHriend who gets no relief from pain. I am thankful I am not on that roller coaster. I hope the docs find the right combination of meds and can treat the underlying cause.

Comfort for a friend whose diagnosis falls into the dire category. Facing a hard road without a guarantee taxes the whole body, mind and soul.

Thankful for friends who send hugs, love ya's and positive thoughts my way when I am in need. For a special friend, who could easily abandoned me. She cares no matter how stupid with my health I am.

I am thankful for you, your family and friends, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment