Monday, April 20, 2015

Meany me

 Yesterday I did something that I am ashamed I did. I unfriended and blocked two people that I had had a good relationship with up until I did the deed.

The situation first began with someone posting a disturbing video of a woman beating her toddler because the child would not quit crying. You could see another child who looked about 5 or so, standing next to the wall watching his mother beat the toddler. I did some checking. The incident on the video happened at least three years ago. I made a comment about sharing a video that old. I got what I considered a wise ass remark back. The remark and the defense of that remark by another person made me mad enough to unfriend both of those people.

I will admit my reaction was childish and immature. No excuses.

I have felt lately that too much time on Facebook causes my attitude to reflect the posts in general. Yes, some posts ring with happiness and sincerity, but many  others seem full of hate and bitterness. I need to limit my time on Facebook but I allow the goings on to take up a good portion of my day.

I should apologize, but I am not going to. If everyone wants to judge or take sides and unfriend me, fine. I am who I am.

Li-li-li-life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment