Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Afternoon delight

Donkey: [Donkey and Puss in Boots have switched bodies] I've been abra-cadabra'd into a Fancy Feasting second-rate sidekick!

Puss in Boots: At least you don't look like a bloated roadside piƱata. You really need to go on a diet.
Donkey: And you really need to get yourself a pair of pants! I feel all exposed and nasty!

Yesterday, Connie and I watched Shrek 2 and Shrek 3. Officially the movies were intended for Aidon and Zane. However, the great outdoors drew the boys' attention. That left Connie and me with Shrek and the gang. The donkey and Puss in Boots make those movies. The best lines belong to them.

The movies draw children, but adults most certainly can enjoy them, too. The puns and jokes target adults. Most of what they say flies over the kids' heads.

I never go to movies, but over the past year, I have seen more movies than I saw in the past 20 years. Of course, the movies were children's films.

Animation has taken great strides. Computers and the digital age allow some fine effects, the characters take on a sort of real quality. More real than say Disney's "Fanatasia."

Watching two movies blew the afternoon. Somehow it also wore me out. We also made a run to the grocery store. I had not eaten all day. By the time I got home, I was about to cave in. I made a chicken sandwich, took my meds and went to bed. (I just remembered, I vacuumed the living room, too.)

The SOB continues. I hope it will not become a permanent part of my repertoire. I believe I have a full dance card, thank you very much.

Just about the time my arms and legs begin to look better, I get another nick or blood bruise. I seem to carry a Rorschach Test with me all the time. I actually got a heart-shaped one on the anniversary of the day we met.

I have my second meeting with the counselor this morning. Now that we have the preliminaries out of the way, the work begins. I cannot wait to see how she chooses to begin.
* * *
 I hope my PHriends realize I do not neglect them purposely. Or I guess I do, but the reason I do has nothing to do with them personally. I need time to sort out myself. Right now I am more confused than ever. I am not particularly blue, so I wonder if I cried wolf.
* * *
 Dude, your family loved you very much. I hope you knew that.

Later.



No comments:

Post a Comment