Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tools of the trade

Denial: what a useful tool of the mind. Like rose-colored glasses, I slap denial on to shield myself from the harsh glare of reality.

Doc tells me my body fights two major enemies, either of which will win in the end. I am responsible for the COPD.  I do not know the cause of the pulmonary hypertension.

Denial: I could do such and such if not for the heavy air, the heat, wind (choose appropriate word for the day).

Wanna come to my pity party? All of us use this tool at times despite its despised reputation.

I am familiar with what if as well. I paint over the worst of the scars with suppositions. What if I had not blah blah blahed? You get the picture.

Tools serve their purpose as long as I do not use them as a permanent crutch.

Later Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment