Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Carmen Sandiego, where are you?

A lack of cat food sent me to Wallyworld yesterday morning early. Early, as in 5 a.m., makes WW bearable. The experience itself pays dividends.

The cat food sits not too far from the entrance. Once there, I discovered a 20-cent per can discount. Pogo goes through many mini-cans a month. I bought two cases. Hard to pass up such a bargain. To top off that good news, the manufacturer changed the formula -- smaller bites and more gravy. If you share your home with a cat, you know about gravy.

I asked one of the men stocking a question about the location of a certain item. He was helpful and friendly and had no idea what I had asked. Between us we figured out a sort of sign language/common word communication.

I wandered around a bit not really looking for anything in particular. Note: WW must think every woman in Amarillo needs a bra. I thought the store devoted an unusual amount of space to them. I skipped the kitchen area altogether. I am a confessed gadget lover.

I quickly gave up the tour, took my bargain and headed home to some hungry cats.
* * *
Thanks for the kind words. I hope I return the favor.

Life twists and turns in ways we cannot predict. Though worrying and wondering do no good, we take them on daily. What in our nature or wiring or whatever makes us ponder?
* * *
Each anniversary marked with tears.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment