Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tick, tick, tick

My mind finds no peace. My thoughts flit like a hummingbird milking a trumpet vine.

Sometimes I wish I did not empathize so much. For by caring, I leave myself open for the hurts. Many of the wounds are self-inflicted.

If I had a different personality, I might tell you it hurts when you ignore me. I would confess that I allow silly slights, real or imagined, to eat at me. I deduce somehow the fault lies with me. My heart says untrue, my mind continues to accuse.

Yesterday I made it through on autopilot. Many days I employ that switch. Somehow that seems such a waste. Trompe l'oeil of  life. A masquerade. Pussyfooting.
* * *
I often run out of spoons before I even get out of bed.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/navigation/BYDLS-TheSpoonTheory.pdf
* * *
I will miss you as long as I breathe, dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment