Thursday, June 3, 2010

Free opinions

Pogo fusses at me this morning. He walks by and mutters. Mmmmrrr. MMMMRRRRR. I suspect popping the top on a can of grilled chicken will quell the yells. He marches off toward the bedroom, so I gain a few minutes reprieve. I near the bottom of my first cup of coffee for the day. Pogo will beat me to the kitchen though I am closer by several steps.
* * *
My young CF friend puts on an emo show every day on FB. He pops up every now and then on FB chat. He makes interesting conversation.
* * *
I am not a give 'em hell kinda person. Though I need the bosentan, I could not yell at the insurance representative on the phone. If and when the situation works out does not worry me.
* * *
Thanks for the FB message, dude. Friends of all stripes add zest to our lives, wisdom or no. I am fortunate. Counting blessings makes me more thankful.
* * *
Pushing an agenda on the masses. Nothing new there except the methods gain sophistication. Someone posts something as true. Well, sorta. The lemmings of the world pass this partial truth along but over time it morphs into more and more fiction and less and less fact.

We need the Woodwards and Bernsteins. We need someone to hold a mirror up to show us our true faces.

Somewhere along the way, the Hursts gained a toe hole. Remember the Maine? Mr. Hurst had his own dirty little war.

How can one person shoulder the blame for something totally out of his control? Remember we inherit problems as well as make them. I am tired of fingerpointing and blame. That does not solve problems. If one idea does not work, try another. At least try something.

In June 2008, President Bush urged an end to the ban on offshore drilling; in July, he lifted that ban. Almost two years later to the day, we face a disaster. Do not say I told you so. Tell me how to fix it.
* * *
Hey, dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment