Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Feelings

The Animals did a song whose lyrics express my feelings right now.

"Sometimes I find myself long regretting some foolish thing, some little simple
thing I've done. But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good, oh lord, please
don't let me be misunderstood."


That sentiment simplifies the situation, of course. Feelings and thoughts of others do not compare much with ours. Oh, in ways, yes.

Feelings and thoughts make us individuals. Seldom do you run across someone whose feelings and thoughts mesh so well with yours that the line seemingly does not exist. That simpatico meeting shakes the world.

Some friends finish sentences for you, they know you so well. Some know when something does not quite seem right with you. Some will kick your posterior when you need that. Some offer to hold you while you cry.

Friends connect. Somewhere in the fifth dimension, we see the ethos of like-minded people. In this world, we constantly bounce about like molecules in the atmosphere. I am dust and you are water. We meet and a new particle forms. No other like it exists.
* * *
I will never forget. I am working on forgiving.
* * *
I love you, dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment