Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sweet revenge

Too many cookies result in added pounds. Thank goodness I pawned off most of them. I will take the last of them with me to visit Jim, Bruce and Tanya. The visit falls a day or two too late for me though.

This little sugar binge cost me four pounds. No more goodies for awhile. Gaining four pounds in two days but taking a week to lose it seems so unfair. Maybe if I had shown some restraint, the four would not be mine. I hope this little episode ends here and now.

Not only have I added four pounds, but eating junk makes me feel awful. Glad the temptation does not hang around.
* * *
Today I learned how to count to 20 and how to say 154 in afrikaans. The language makes sense. I enjoy my daily lessons. I also learned man, woman, boy, girl, and we talked about kat.
* * *
Today marks the eighth day with Ren and Stimpy. The duo hates water. They cannot bear to be apart from me for more than 15 minutes either.

Yesterday I wanted to both shower and wash my hair. I wash my hair, because of its length, in the kitchen sink. I love to stand in the shower and let the hot water wash over me. However, since I was on a mission to do both, and in 15 minutes or less, it appeared as though the Keystone Cops paid a visit.

I did manage to do both, but I do not recommend trying it on your own without adult supervision.

I almost ran down Pogo a couple of times. He had the urge to eat and I did not have time to sate his endless appetite. Boy did he show his displeasure. That tail was cracking like a bullwhip. He gave me a tongue-lashing as only he can at the top of his Siamese-infused voice.

Once I got the electrodes attacked and the battery back in Ren, I appeased Pogo. After making short work of food in his dish and a thorough bath, he settled in for his mid-morning nap.
* * *
Tried to catch D. a couple of times yesterday. Don't know if he avoids me or just did not see me. *sigh*
* * *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdpPSi5e0So&feature=related

Freaker's Ball also a good one.
* * *
Is there a second penguin? Did he, too, leave clues? I think maybe.
* * *
I care.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. My neighbor left a small basket of Easter candies at my door, and I keep snacking on it. Including last night at 12am. Ok, so we early this morning. lol I know how tempting it is to eat sweets when they are readily available!!!

    HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete