Sunday, May 29, 2016

True friends

I cleaned out my friend's list on Facebook again. At this rate I will have two friends by the end of June.

The lack of sympathy from supposed friends prompted the latest clean out. I had my cat of more than 16 years put to sleep. Life for Pogo had become painful. I took him to the vet for the final time though it broke my heart. I posted about my heartbreak on Facebook. About half of my "friends" bothered to say something about my loss. More than one day went by before I began unfriending people to allow everyone the chance to see my post. Only a couple spoke up.

I needed my friends. Only a few came through. The rest proved they were not really my friends.


1 comment:

  1. I did not see your post, Cindy. I am so sorry for your loss. I loved little Pogo, too, in my few dealings with him. I was wondering what had happened, and I'm sorry I didn't see the post to respond.

    ReplyDelete