Sunday, January 29, 2012

Veggin' out

The foodie in me kicked in again. A full tummy means more strain on the lungs, so I am learning "grazing." I did not snack much growing up in the three-meals-a-day generation. So I ate big meals.

Eight to 10 meals a day pose several challenges:

  • After two days or so, the same foods becomes boring.
  • Some foods do not freeze well.
  • A low-salt diet eliminates some options.
  • Buying once a month limits fresh foods.

I am working out many of the problems, i.e. fresh foods. I will budget money to spend weekly.

I discovered bosc pears. I experimented and devised this recipe:

http://livinthegoodlifex2.blogspot.com/

You are not the only one, youngin'

I had abundant hot water when I washed the dishes yesterday morning. Sometime before 5 p.m., we had no water at all. After dark, one of the maintenance guys told me no water until "tomorrow afternoon," meaning this afternoon.

Leaks continue because the complex needs a pipe transplant. Maybe we should conduct a fundraiser. The geriatric complex's health teeters on the edge.. The owners will let the N******** Apartments die a natural death.

No yahoo

I lost Yahoo Messenger yesterday. I am sure Google's changeover caused the disappearance. I will see if I can rectify the situation soon. Fortunately, I learned early on to save copies of messages, yours included.

I miss the fun we had in the EPL and the matches we shared. I miss your wisdom, your vulnerability, your bluntness without bite.

The CDF plans another event in Chicago. Your family wants my help to line up silent auction items. I need to organize a concise email and a list of restaurants and chefs to solicit. I also need a date or ballpark date. I am excited to help and know that excitement extends to you wherever you are.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment