Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pardon me

Warning: Writer stepping on soapbox.

One of those age old sayings goes: always wear clean underwear in case you are involved in an accident. Romney did not follow that warning.

Sure the candidate thought he talked privately to a room full of rich folks just like him, the old boy network, if you will.   Rather than debate the ethics of the recording, I want to write about my viewpoint of the issue.

To me, this incident speaks volumes about the candidate's character. Whether he compromised his ethics to tell the audience what they wanted to hear or whether he believes what he said, the speech was reprehensible.

Two points: 1) Say what you mean not what you know others want to hear. 2) Keep your mouth shut if you do not want what you say repeated.

I want to see real plans, not a general statement which has no blueprints.

The end.

Later, Dude.

2 comments:

  1. Two points: 1)If I were in an accident I'd probably crap my pants anyway. ;)
    2) And I agree with you totally but alas that's the problem with both parties and politicians just 'empty rhetoric'.
    Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Clyde's second point. I wish politicians would just simply talk about what they plan to do for our country instead of rant on and on about the opposing politician. I am so sick of mudslinging, and the false apologies for things said that shouldn't have been said.

    In spite of politics, I hope your Monday is a good one.

    ReplyDelete