Saturday, October 27, 2012

Another anniversary

I sense I overstayed my welcome. In fact, I probably misread the whole situation from the beginning. I do that sometimes. No matter. You know what "they" say, water under the bridge, etc., etc.

A couple of days ago, I spent a couple of hours paring my FB friends list. I cut more than 200 people I friended and with whom I never interacted. I plan to give the remaining friends some time. I cannot say I felt lighter or relieved after the culling, but I no longer have so many memes in my feed. I have lost many friends the past almost four years. When more than half your friends have chronic illnesses, you learn to deal in your own way with another death.

I have little to say.

Later, dude.

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling.

    It struck me this morning when I saw a picture Jas had posted on FB, a couple of years ago. Two of the five people in the photo were no longer with us.

    It hits hard and empty.

    You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to ya CL! Ya know I keep "weeding" through my friends list too at times. It is so sad to think back about all the special friends that we have lost!

    It is numbing...
    Love & Hugs

    ReplyDelete