Thursday, October 4, 2012

The pact

A couple of  guests moved in, one a few months ago, the other not long ago.

When I noticed the first one, I mentally called a truce. If she would leave me alone, I would do likewise. We lived amicably. We would see each other occasionally and I reinforced the terms of our truce.

The next stranger sashayed in through an open door. He hung about until he grew bold enough to enter. He crept around orienting himself and then disappeared. I offered him a clear path out the door, he declined. I then offered him the same pact as I did her.

Everyone lived by the terms of the agreement until yesterday when I caught her drinking water from a spill in the middle of the kitchen floor. She had broken our truce. I promised she could live here if she remained unseen. In return, I would not banish her.

Should I give her (and as a consequence him) another chance or should I declare war?

Miss you, Dude.

Laters.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, if it's anything other than a cat, no more chances. If it's a cat, of course she deserves another chance. Why was drinking from a spill a banishing crime?

    ReplyDelete