Saturday, May 25, 2013

Short buts

A former colleague was a legendary sports writer. In his later years, he wrote two columns a day: Short Putts and a longer column. To honor Putt, below you will find my attempt at his style.

The pole on which my satellite sits serves as a message board for the neighborhood cats. ... After watching a couple of shows on H2, I think the conspiracy channel aptly fits. ,,, Of the 160 friends on FB whom I consider journalists, 21 now teach; 113 of the 160 are no longer in journalism. ... How does a 60-year-old, who loses his job, find work? ... Amarillo High School ranks as No. 1 in the city. Always has, always will. ... Salt scalds your tongue as effectively as a boiling cup of coffee. ... Saw where a former colleague plans to wed and move to Ohio. Buckeye teams fare well historically. ... The bed calls me. -- CL

No comments:

Post a Comment