Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tangled in the net

I spent some time reading about internet neutrality. No matter the outcome, the little man, or woman, suffers. After reading several articles over a few days, I am thinking my provider already throttles me. I have found my internet speed compares to molasses outdoors on a cold day. It flows a bit, then sticks for awhile. My frustration level grows in proportion to the sticking. The problem plagues not only my Kindle but the desktop, too. However, I am stubborn as a cranky old mule that does not want to go to the other pasture. I will not pay more and more for speed. I am likely to quit the service.

The company I employ once had all my business. I asked a simple question and no one seemed to know the answer. Since this billion dollar business could not answer a simple question, I quit the service that failed me. Surprise, I do not miss the service as much as I once thought I would.

My new fancy desktop may cause me to pull my hair out. The keyboard looks and acts like the old one, the rest not so much. I think I killed an element that controlls photos. I cannot seem to find it no matter where I look. I restarted the computer without any success. I set up Cloud and Dropbox, but the simplest tasks stump me. Too many bells and whistles and not enough simple. I cannot upload a photo of my new artwork on the walls nor Momo's triumphant conquering of the second level of the cat tree.

So it goes, another night in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment