Wednesday, December 14, 2011

More random thoughts

Below are the start of blogs this month that did not go beyond the first sentence or two, thus the random thoughts title.

When things go wrong, we look for answers, excuses, anything to explain why events unfolded the way they did. Karma, God's punishment. Just desserts.

Years after you are gone, no one will miss you or even know you existed.

I am a bit aggravated. I managed to capture the lead in the Fantasy EPL League. I expressed pride in my accomplishment in a public manner. Of the five opponents, well, I got a congrats, but a look out now comment from one of them; a yeah for you; and then the son of a gun who said "Eek, I have not even looked at the game in weeks." The statement's accuracy aside, the speaker could be kinder. Look out now, Buster!! You have lit a fire under me that will make your butt toast.

Winter beats at my door hounded by a cold north wind. Despite the new weatherstripping, the chill wind blows enough through the gaps to snuff a candle.

Missing you, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment