Monday, December 26, 2011

Just a little of this and not much of that

The sparrows run along the top of the fence as if propelled by toy car wheels. The White Christmas compelled the birds to roost until the sun and fresh seeds drew them to the yard.

Mother Nature gifted us with a photo perfect day. The day began with large snowflakes drifting like feathers over a vent. The unique patterns melded into a soft white blanket covering the dry harshness of drought.

I spent the day with my family of choice.  Seeing the four men that my godsons became cheers me. I am proud of them, for them and for their parents.

The amaryllis bud taunts me. A couple of days ago I saw a sliver of pink. Today the bud seems ready to burst. Perhaps tomorrow it will explode with the color hidden under the sheath of green. The other two buds trail behind as if to allow each glorious splendor of its own.

How can we desire change but at the same time run from it?

You are still there in my heart, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment