Sunday, August 17, 2014

out with the old

I have energy today. Maybe sleeping all day yesterday has something to do with it. So I start the day with coffee and dishwashing. I toss the petrified chicken strip and chisel the food from the microwave. Every time I take a step I am reminded sweeping should be the next chore to face.

I have decided to change the way I store everything in the kitchen. I also plan to shuck all but two or three cookbooks. I want the cookbooks to go to good homes or I would put them outside with a note that says FREE take one.

Though I am not moving, I am downsizing. I've held onto things I don't use. Time to remedy that. Perhaps while clearing out stuff, I can clear out my head.

I rid myself of all the clothes and shoes I did not wear. I no longer own a dress. I am now in the process of cleaning dresser drawers. Most of the drawers do not hold clothes but rather mementos and obsolete technology.

Once I have finished these projects, I probably will be at a loss for time occupiers. By then, the skies will be grey more and the chill will keep me anchored to the bed.

Therefore, I must stop the lollygagging, and get on while the getting goes.

IMYD

No comments:

Post a Comment