Friday, August 22, 2014

Triggers

Like pet dander triggers allergy attacks, several conditions seem to bring on attacks of depression.

Today, I arose at 3:45, visited the loo, fed the boys, made coffee, and prepared my Tyvaso for the day. Grand prix auto, with a nighttime muffled roar, kept me awake until the coffee did its job.

When the phone rang at 7:25, I knew the day would challenge my stamina. My friend plans a barbecue tomorrow for their children and families. I volunteered my chopping abilities. I dressed, changed o2 tanks, and hit the road by 8.

I chopped celery, cubed cheese, and minced onions that the store had minced, but we not fine enough. We also went to the grocery to get buns and drinks. Before the grocery store visit, we picked up the grandsons and took them to her house.

The car door blew into my shoulder, and my tank pulverized my shin.

Back to triggers. When I find myself exhausted, I begin making excuses. The minute I walked inside, I began thinking of reasons I could not go tomorrow. Then an argument ensued. Guilt bubbles to the surface. Then the dark clouds begin to roll my way.

So overdoing physically triggers my depression.

IMYD

No comments:

Post a Comment