Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A step in the right direction

Yesterday I went to a local agency that offers counseling services for various needs. I filled out an abundance of paperwork and met with an intake person to go over the paperwork. He also asked about insurance and made copies of the insurance cards.

He then gave me a card with a counselor's name and phone number and told me I should call for an appointment when I got home. The intake guy told me to leave a message, that the counselor was busy and it was likely I would not reach a human when I called. He was right. I left my name, phone number and that I would prefer morning appointments.

The counselor did not call back until mid-morning today, which was not surprising to me since I have been told that there are far fewer mental health professionals in town than there are patients. The counselor told me only a late afternoon time slot was open and that was a week away. I said I understood and I would take that one.

So I will start my therapy a week from today in the late afternoon. It will be dark when we will be done and I don't drive well in the dark, but maybe something will open up earlier in the daytime before long.

Well, the counselor just called and asked if I could come at 1 p.m. on Tuesday. Thank you, God.



No comments:

Post a Comment