Friday, April 13, 2012

Listen to the voice!

I often mention that "still small voice" or the gut feeling I get about some things. Sometimes I pay attention or perhaps I should say recognize the message and at other times I either do not pay attention or decide the message unimportant.

The most recent incident started Monday morning. I had a specific gift I wanted to send someone. I did some online shopping and rejected one firm because of its size and chose another. The warning bells rang, but I rationalized away the message with reasoning of my own. Besides only the one store had that perfect gift.

The store could not deliver the gift on time, but could deliver a day later, so I sent off my order into cyberspace. I received an email confirmation and a number.

The voice fairly shouted this afternoon, so I called the store. A person took my information, the confirmation number and said she would get back to me. I fear the gift will not arrive until at least Monday now. Oh yeah, I checked my bank account and the store does not appear in the list of debits. Bottom line: I should have listened to my still small voice. Now I am upset.


Pogo took over my spot when I got up to get another cup of coffee. Wonder who rules my house?

Tomorrow the weather guys predict a gale, so my friend C and I got out today to do some errands and get groceries. Since the trip was spur of the moment, I did not have the usual detailed list. Plus nothing sounds good right now although I have no trouble eating everything I think might be what I want.

I got tortillas, beans, avocados, lunch meat, potatoes, tomatoes and a bunch of cheese of different kinds. Eating should prove interesting at least.

I did more today than I have done in quite awhile. Tomorrow I may pay.

Miss you, Dude.

Laters.


No comments:

Post a Comment