Tuesday, April 17, 2012

While I am thinking about it

Everywhere I went today, people seemed on the edge. Either tempers flew or airheaditis prevailed.  The day featured backtracking and near misses. I needed to get out, but I should have stayed in.

I also ran into some long distance snags which resulted in my frustration and anger. I fumed about the business I had no luck dealing with. I finally decided to cancel the order and try another tact. Never mind that the whole mess caused me to miss a deadline. One I wanted badly to meet.

Spring means hairball season, a twice a year delight. The sound of hacking in the middle of the night means getting up and tracking down the cat and/or vomit, hoping you do not step in the mess before spotting it.

I bought a new mop and broom today. If the new instruments of cleaning do not make a difference in the amount of missed debris on the floors, then I guess my next step should be the eye doctor. Not five minutes after I sweep and mop the kitchen, my bare feet tell me I missed some bit of kibble. Just for five minutes I wish I could rest from work and then relish my trip to get a bottle of water.

I discovered tortillas. Oh, I met them often at Taco Bell, but my love affair grew after I brought a package home. Throw a bit of whatever lines the shelves of the 'fridge onto a tortilla, add cheese and picante and nuke for a few seconds. Heaven explodes in the mouth.

I am exploring the wonderful world of cheese. Varieties I have seen but not tasted get their chance in my shopping basket. After tasting the cheese in a sandwich or tortilla, I turn to the cookbook to examine further options. I do not possess a world class palate, but I love to try new foods at least once.

I also bought some wildflower seeds that love sun and some marigold seeds. Now I have to figure out how to plant the wildflowers so the lawn mower will not decapitate them every week. I may need to invest in more pots. Smallish pots would mean I could do most of the work sitting inside and then move the pots to the patio.

I have a cute little interloper in the gang of sparrows that hangs out on my fence. This little guy seems braver than his pals or maybe foolhardy fits better. He stands out in the crowd on the fence. Even with my poor eyesight, I recognize him by his red head and chest when he arrives. Dr. House (finch) resides somewhere close by. Mrs. House stops in for a nibble or two and sometimes Dr. House feeds her. I suspect a family nearby. Dr. House bravely pecks around on the ground long after the warning cry goes out among the sparrows. Dr. House jumps off the fence first or sips water from the pie plate first. Then the other birds swoop in and run the little fellow off. I spotted a robust robin the other morning. What a beauty!

Time for some relaxing.

Miss you, Dude.

Laters.




No comments:

Post a Comment