Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another goodbye


I met him in pulmonary rehab: one man with a great sense of humor and a bunch of women. We teased him about his harem.

I would pull into the parking lot of the hospital and know he beat me to class because his shiny red pickup sat in the handicap space. Sometimes I would overtake him before he got to the classroom; his lungs refused to allow him to move quickly.

As the rehab sessions progressed, so did he. No one tried any harder than he did. With his harem rooting him on, he worked on upper body strength at first. Gradually he improved enough to do some treadmill. 

When the cardio rehab folks decided on a weight loss challenge, several of us joined in. He worked on losing weight, too.

He was proud of his family and loved Texas Tech. Those who did not know him, missed someone special.

Rest in peace Mitch.

Later, Dude.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, how sad. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sorry for your loss...may he RIP. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you hugs, too. I know it hurts. So I'm holding you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete