Thursday, June 7, 2012

Doctor, doctor

The weight of sadness built so slowly at first I did not notice. A need for transplant here; loss of a home there.

At first I could offer an ear and sympathy without a thought. Gradually listening took over my life. From the time I got up until the time I went to bed I immersed myself in the stories. Lost in the details of other people's heartaches, I did not notice the load grow heavier and heavier until the day I realized one more bit of grief would crush me.

Slowly now I begin to salve the wounds. I hope for a short convalescence.

Missing you, Dude.

4 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) We all miss you already. I know the sadness of everything can be too much to take sometimes. I hope you'll find a break helps you to clear your heavy heart. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the weight of the world piling up. I feel that way too sometimes. Hang tight, and release some of the pain. I would say send some my way, but my heart is heavy too, so if you did that we'd both be on the floor. Love you, hang on, see you when you wanna come back. You inspired me to blog. Mine are not so positive as yours. More like rants into cyberspace.... Could be why I don't share them

    LOVE TO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized you were missing from Facebook. I hope this break will be short and sweet. You are always in my thoughts, dear friend. Take care...with much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you must learn the difference in "bearing one another's burden" and "becoming burdened."

    Bearing another's burden doesn't mean immersing yourself. It means that you, and others, surround the burdened person and each of you takes a piece of it, for a moment in time. Then you walk away, and come back at another time.

    Also, one must learn those whose life choices result in perpetual burdensomeness. Cannot CANNOT attempt to bear those burdens, even in a company of scores of folk. One must wait until the burdensome one decides to get healthy and make different decisions.

    ReplyDelete