Thursday, August 23, 2012

Such is life

First an electric company snafu, now a water woe: another leak in the apartment main. I have not taken a tally, but I would bet this makes the 10th or so time this year with no water. Oh and did I mention the humidity causes my refrigerated central air conditioner to freeze and melt?  To combat the melt cycle, two pans from the kitchen catch the drips from around the air intake thingy. Night before last I ran the air conditioner all night and both drip pans ran over. Thus a carpet mess, too.

The humidity means I have a hard time breathing. I put off chores except the most critical ones. So now the apartment looks like I do not care about my environment.

I went to renew my driver's license this morning. (Every 12 years you have to appear in person, otherwise I do it online.) I arrived at the DPS building at 7:45. The line consisted of about 30 or so people. Since I am a people watcher, the time went by quickly. I got to share with the worker about PH. I got to fill out three additional pages of paperwork -- one for PH, one for COPD and one because I had pneumonia. I also had my vision checked. Thank goodness I got new glasses. The young man took my picture without my glasses, I paid him a fee and I was outta there. The whole process took about two hours.

I made a pot of stew, cleaned the bathroom as best I could without water, and swept the kitchen. Now if I just had some water, I could wash the dishes. Yes, I am short of breath but sometimes the mess overrules SOB.

After the first week of EPL, I am in third place. "Average," the name of the competitor to make head to head weeks possible, got second. Joe, who won last year, was tops this week. Hopefully J can take average's place this week.

Missing you Dude.

Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment