Sunday, August 28, 2011

New day

Thoughts flicker across my mind like a power point slide show. I cannot seem to focus before the picture changes.

Youngin' finds Austin to be everything Amarillo is not. The photos are his. He took them at Batfest, an annual event. Google if you want to know more. I especially love Batcow, but shoulder cat gets my vote.


 He has several friends in Austin and the odds of him making more friends are much greater there. He certainly lit up my world while he was here. Thanks, Alex!!

Pardon the interruption. I went to watch the sun come up. Without my glasses, my backyard could be used for a fairway. In reality, spots exist with dirt and rocks, so I guess rough fits the situation better.

A mockingbird landed somewhere nearby, offered his signature tune, and then flew on.

Today I am thankful for friends and all that friendship can mean. I only hope I can be that kind of friend, too.

Later, Dude.


3 comments:

  1. You are a good friend, CL. And I like the shoulder cat, too. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a shoulder cat, too!

    You are a wonderful friend! I love you lots! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of a Batfest! Humm I guess he is keeping Austin weird as they say ha

    Thankful for your friendship as well. Love and Hugs!!
    Let's hope this will let me post today!!

    ReplyDelete