Monday, November 14, 2011

A setup for failure

I learned a lesson today. I hope I remember the wisdom I gained before I jump into anything or anyone with my ideas. I tend to offer advice asked for or not.

I stood on the brink of telling someone that by announcing one's intentions, one sets oneself up for failure. Failure offers its own rewards in sympathy and attention. "Aww, you will do it next time."

Examine the motive. Why would I want to tell someone? Who would it benefit?

Do you tell someone what seems obvious to you when it might cause a rift?

OK, I was reading Google News and this story says what I an trying to say.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/14/health/lose-weight-mouth-shut-secret/

So, I guess I am not that far off base. Just remember I care and I will try to be more understanding.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment