Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oh, darling, please don't you cry

Another one for the books.

I talked with the college roomie today on FB. Good guy. He offered some interesting information. What he said was not news to me, but substantiates what I already have heard. He shared about his stepson. I could tell he worries about him. I channeled you, and told him what to check after he finishes this series of doctor visits.

I had a bit of mom scare today too. The nurse who goes by mom's house to take mom's blood, could not get mom on the phone, so she called me. The nurse lives in the same town as my mom and offered to go by and check on mom. Well, mom had been out playing bridge. I got her on the phone after I hung up from talking to the nurse. I am thankful my mother has folks to check on her and sound the alarm if necessary.

Mom also told me she had a nose bleed that would not stop and had to call 911. She must have charmed the dickens out of the EMTs because they packed her nose, put ice on her neck and hung around until they were sure her nose had stopped bleeding. One of them told mom he did not think she would need to go to the hospital and there would be no charge for the call. Wow.

My PHriend does have the rarest form of PH. At least now she can dump flo. She surely will be listed for a transplant pronto. More prayers, good thoughts please.

I spent all afternoon talking to a rep of Humana about the company's medical advantage plan. My head was spinning before I got to hang up. What if .....

I worry too much, but I would not be me if I did not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XeHmrNSoc

Later, Dude.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so good that your Mom has these people to check pn her, sounds like quiet the charmer ;)
    Yes, I am so happy that our PHriend got some answers and can get moving forward.
    Hugs to you and hope you are taking care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete