Sunday, February 27, 2011

The way the day went

This photo was taken by Amarillo Globe-News photographer Michael Norris on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLMjHy12eWo&feature=related

Today has not been one of the best. Around 10 homes so far have been destroyed near Amarillo and several smaller communities were evacuated because of the danger. One of the city longstanding kennels burned to the ground.

The home where one of my godsons and his fiancee live also burned today. Fortunately their three dogs and cat were OK. They found the poor scared cat (ironically his name is Smoke) in the bathroom. The dogs were outside.

I did not crack my door and spent most of the day on the couch under my CPAP. I ache, my ears tickle and itch, my throat hurts and scratches. I am coughing and generally feeling miserable. Six months have gone by, more or less, since the last episode. I should be thankful, but right now that seems pretty distant.

The wind still hooshes outside. Aarrggg.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment