Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Waning days

I love baseball. The game.

I was thinking about the differences between love of the game and love of the game because of a certain team. The winning or losing of a particular team becomes the reason for the love of some. So if his team sports the worse record in baseball, his season ends before October.

If the team I follow for some wild reason makes it into the series, then all the better. If, however, my team fails to make the playoffs, then I can find a reason to support another team, such as manager X played for the Xs or manager Y was on a triple A team in Amarillo. I pick a side to root for to extend a season of a game I love.

I am not saying either approach reigns supreme or represents the only view, just making an observation.

Mother Nature plans a wakeup call this week I am told. Mid-80s today and rain and snow on Thursday.

Hard week, Dude.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Cindy! Just wanted to let you know I'm here and still reading!

    ReplyDelete