Wednesday, May 23, 2012

'Til I gain control

Doc says I left wheeze and crackle behind, for awhile anyway. He said I really need a statin-drug, so I am going to try one-half a 5 mg tablet of Crestor on MWF. He said if my muscles and joints start to ache again, to quit. He gave me enough samples to last until my next appointment. In turn I gave him extra meds I had to help those who need some help. He gave one of them to the man in the next room.

The nurse did not make me weigh today. She did do the blood pressure and pulse ox. The o2 finally reached 91 after I sat and talked a bit. The heart rate was near 100. The other doctor in the office took off as well as the scheduler, so I got full attention from the nurse. All in all a good visit. I go back in August.

A junk food binge like no other plagues me. I went crazy at the store with sweets. Now I plan a fast food expedition. My apartment sits near a junk food crossroads: less than five minutes to any place offering fare for any hankering. Want a Route 44 from Sonic? No problem? Taco Tuesday? Touche. Pizza? Plenty of possibilities. Most of the time I can ignore the come hither messages of the billboards. Not the past week. How long after taking prednisone does your body think it needs extra fuel?  Which brings this song to mind:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OEZ9nAeFok

I will conclude this now so I can beat the intolerant heat of high 90s.

Miss you, Dude. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment