Monday, April 27, 2015

A good Monday

Mother Nature decided to deliver some much needed rain today. Though the rain fell during the night and all day today, the area still could use more moisture. I am glad I had no plans and can sit in my chair and watch the steady, slightly wind blown raindrops come down.

One of my friends from the old newspaper days who did a PACE program one summer and switched to teaching, first at the middle school level, then on to high school, today earned the title of national teacher of the year. Shanna Peeples deserves the honor and I am so happy she has garnered the attention she so deserves. She has raised two beautiful daughters in the process.

The Panhandle Press Association inducted another of my newspaper friends into its Hall of Fame this past weekend. David Stevens studied at WT, where he was a student of my dad's. He worked at the Globe-News during part of the time I did and then went on to become editor of the newspaper in Clovis, N.M. He deserves all the praise he has gotten.

I have found myself eating everything in sight again. Compensation eating, if you call a spade a spade. I am not hungry and if I consumed healthier fare, eating would not be so bad. When I go to the store, I grab cookies, candy, ice cream and pistachios. Then I get lazy and rather than prepare the chicken and veggies, I eat the fattening stuff. The candy compensates for lack of anything I perceive I do not have.

After I was quitted from work,  I lost about 70 pounds. The main reason for the loss was I also quit eating out so often. I need to gain control of my eating now or I will be back in the same boat. When you weigh more than you should, breathing, or for that matter doing anything is harder.

Miss you, dude. Laters.



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about David. That's great news. It's awesome news for Shanna, as well. I still say they need to make a movie out of her life. As for the food, I feel ya. I've snarfed big time with all this food being brought to us. I'm going to pay for it later if I don't stop!

    ReplyDelete