Tuesday, April 21, 2015

News of the day

I am glad this day nears an end.

The o2 man delivered. He came 30 minutes late. The vacuumer worked today. She moseyed in 30 minutes late. I got a call from my mother. She appreciated my gift but said I really should save my money. (Last week she got the first gift and gushed.) A friend told me some distressing news and I tried my best to say the right thing but feel like I fell short. Another friend's life seems headed in the right direction and I felt her joy and exuberance. The phone rang with the same number on caller ID every 20 minutes for two hours. Just as I changed into my nightgown for the evening, the doorbell rang. The mail carrier delivered some meds that do not fit into my mailbox. I finally clean the kitchen and then I am hungry. The old man needed extra attention today but finally gave up after I got up one time too many. I counted my pills this morning, as I do every morning, to make sure the count was 10. Today, only nine pills. I looked and looked, could not figure out what was missing, and downed nine pills. C'est la vive. Many, many people suffer more than I, which brings on the guilt. Pointless, sure, but nonetheless true.

The end.


1 comment:

  1. You said the perfect thing, Cindy. Please be kind to yourself. ❤️

    ReplyDelete