Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Not "music" to my ears

In my old age, I found naps do a body good. Because my vacuumer came yesterday about 1, I missed my nap. I kept telling myself the time for sleep had passed and if I should give in to the urge, I would be up half the night.

Somehow I managed to stay awake until 7, when I quit fighting the inevitable and went down for the night. I left extra kitty food down so that Momo would not poke me in the middle of the night.

Some Chicano rap startled me out of a sound sleep at 1:20 a.m. Actually, I awoke to loud talking , which was soon drowned out by the "music." I am not a big fan of rap, especially when it disturbs me in the middle of the night.

As I lay there pondering what I should do about the situation, my mind wondered about why my overhead neighbors had never played "music" before, not even in the daytime. I could hear the boards creaking as a couple of people with heavy footfall walked back and forth across the room. The "music" ceased abruptly after about 10 minutes or so as did the walking. Apparently my upstairs neighbor and his company left.

I fell back to sleep after a bit more pondering about what my neighbor was up to in the middle of the night with company, playing loud "music" on a Tuesday night. I came up with several ideas, one of which that the neighbor sells drugs. That seems the most likely, although he could have been home on his lunch hour and brought a friend.

One of my friends and former colleagues received the golden apple teacher of the year award from President Obama in a ceremony today at the White House. Obama was relaxed and cracked a couple of jokes. The Secretary of education also stood there, but said nothing. The nominees from the other 49 states and the District of Columbia attended and served as a backdrop.

When Shanna's turn to talk came, she wowed everyone. Her contagious smile and smart, sincere speech made all who know her proud.

I think a nap lures me soon.

Miss you, dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment