Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The art of framing




I journeyed to the framers to pick up four pieces I had taken to get framed.When I left them at the shop, the framer told me to come back in a week. He apparently works hard since none of my pieces had been done when I got there. While the framer worked to finish up, I took some photos of his shop. I worked with this young man's father at the newspaper many years ago. He looks like his dad though his personality shines more.

A customer interrupted him and I watched as she went through picking out matting and frames. A couple of the pieces were photos and the young man suggested putting them in the same frame. This woman teaches art and knows what she likes and what she does not like. I did find it interesting that on one of the pieces, she wanted the artist's name covered up. Not because she did not like the work, but because she did not like the signature itself. I hope the artist does not see the work and notice the name missing. 
Unfortunately, the one artwork I need to start hanging the pieces I have could not be done. The framer told me that Dallas, where he gets some of his parts, was out of the particular model, so he had to order it from Chicago. The pieces had not arrived today. He hopes they will come tomorrow, since a week has gone by since he ordered them. Sigh. I am disappointed, but nothing can be done.

The skies promise moisture but I fear they will not. Instead they will exhibit gloom and doom and deliver nothing. 

The last time I visited the grocery, a Manwich display blocked my way to the fruits and veggies, so I grabbed a can. I cannot remember the last time I had a Manwich. I prepared the concoction last night as directed. Although I had no buns, I served the red savory stuff over bread. Now I remember why I have not had Manwich in years. The stuff reminded me of eating meat and ketchup. I will not fall for sale items like that again.

I talked with a new friend online last night. We share a couple of mutual friends, so the conversation flowed pretty steadily. I will enjoy talking every now and then and possibly meet her when she comes this way again.

I got a surprise card in the mail today from a PHriend. We have known each other for awhile and I appreciated the thoughtfulness. Thanks Jen, you made my day.

I guess I have prattled on enough for one day. I am trying to write something each day to get back into the habit. Blame that on Evan. 

Miss you, dude. Laters.






No comments:

Post a Comment