Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Messy not Messi

Five hours. I had better get whatever chore I am doing done by the alloted time. Once the energy leaves I am useless for the rest of the day.

Today I chose to cook. I made a meatloaf. I added a small potato cut into tiny cubes. I have a whole chicken slowly simmering. Later I will use some of it for chicken fettucine and some for sandwiches. Of course, Pogo will get his share.

I baked a yellow cake mix and used butter, dark chocolate cocoa, chopped walnuts, melted butter and sweetened condensed milk as a sort of sauce.

I steamed some squash with onions and placed them in a buttered casserole. I whisked an egg with a couple of tablespoons of sour cream, poured it over the squash, added a couple of generous handsful of grated cheddar cheese and topped the mixture with crumbled Ritz crackers.

I bought a can of lychee and now I am looking for a recipe.

Ding, ding. The last of the five hours ended and now I am ready for couch time.

Tomorrow I will use part of my five hours to clean the mess I made in the kitchen today.

Later, Dude.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! You could get my appetite going again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everything sounds yummy!! Except what the heck is lychee?? lol

    ReplyDelete