Sunday, July 10, 2011

Of walks and weeds

Have you noticed being in the hospital allows certain situations which would never happen in your home? I would never entertain a married male friend in a nightgown, yet when I was hospitalized, that occurred.

I cringe at the thought of walking to the mailbox in a nightgown and robe. In the hospital, I strolled around the eighth floor in sleepwear.

I think having a gorgeous yard is a pipedream. I need to chop dozens of weeds off at the ground and apply vinegar or salt. For the bind weed, I need to deny them light by chopping them to the ground until they give up or put down black plastic. Then the grass gets no sun.  I thought about poison, and in fact bought some. Stupid on my part because no way my lungs could or should be around a product that warns you to cover up as well as possible from head to toe.

I will continue to water and hope for the best. At least birds and boys are happy.

Later, Dude.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I am so disappointed in my yard this year. I love to see a bright green fresh lawn with all the beauties and no weeds!! Ours is so dry and far from my dream yard as well ;)

    ReplyDelete