Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nothing special

Today I find myself watching the clock. I took a midday nap and now I am waiting for an acceptable time to go to bed. A clock somewhere must show bedtime.

My youngest godson mowed and raked my little yard yesterday. Now, not a sign of green. Lots of dirt and brown. Rain or water would make a big difference. I asked the manager about getting some water hooked up and he said after the hot tub gets fixed.

A young male robin visited to get a nibble of something today, but did not get close to the water. I may need to move the dish further away from the window. The marigolds are indeed merry. Lots of new buds and several flowers. They live!!!

Curious describes the young man and/or couple upstairs. He tells me his name, Anthony, after he rang my doorbell to get his shirt, which had blown off the balcony into my yard. His girlfriend, Kate, looked as if she were sleepwalking but offered her hand to shake.

The next time Anthony rang my doorbell, he says he has no key to the apartment. Could he try to get on the balcony and enter his apartment? I led him through my apartment and let into my backyard. He actually ran and grabbed the balcony rail and pulled himself up. Not bad for a 5'5" or so guy.

I can hear Anthony walk around upstairs night and day. He seems never to leave the apartment. I seldom hear music or television. His car, a Honda, has expired licensed tags and inspection sticker. The back axle bends at a nondrivable angle.

One effect of isolation -- when I talk to a live human, either via phone or in person, I find myself with a bad case of blabbermouth. I cannot shut it up. I imagine insurance people, etc., run into cases of this sort all day long. I am sure they get aggravated. One day they may understand.

I miss you so much Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment