Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Promises, promises

I am disappointed.

I try to live my life honestly. I try to follow the rules. I try to do what I say I will. I try to treat people fairly and the way I would like to be treated. I try to remember what goes round comes round.

After the mess that Medicare has afforded me so far, I say the great United States has let me down.

I now can understand why doctors refuse to accept Medicare. The docs and their staffs spend tremendous amounts of time with paperwork.

My doc spends much time with his patients; he is an exceptional doc. Yet he is now in a position to have to explain his diagnosis. Yes, I do need the PH meds. Just because I have COPD does not mean that the COPD caused the PH; it means I have both.

The stress this causes only makes my condition worse. And to add the cherry to the sundae, Medicare does not pay for Xanax. Talk about fertile ground for a panic attack. I will have to face that little dilemma pretty soon, too.

All this amounts to a government panel deciding which meds I need based on something in a book. They do not know my history. No one fits into the mold.

 PH is a rare disease. The experts know a fews facts about PH, but even those change as scientists and doctors uncover more. So I wonder if they employ the most up to date book for their assessments?

*sigh*

I know you understand only too well, Dude.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are still dealing with all of this. It's such a hassle, when all you want are your meds that you know are working for you. I hope this nightmare ends soon!! I know it's easy to say don't stress about it, but it certainly is different actually trying not to do so!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that you are dealing with all this BS! I only hope that things improve..it is so hard when we know we are doing the right things nad have to deal with this as others doing wrong get whatever they need...no reasoning to this at all!!

    Hugs & Love

    ReplyDelete