Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A cut above



At the left is a picture of Jose Mourinho. He is the manager of Inter Milan. Notice the fine hairstyle?


One of the last photos you sent me was you and your latest hairstyle. You said you asked for the Mourinho. I got a good laugh out of that one. But truth be known, I prefer yours over his any day.


My favorite photo of you is one of the last you took of yourself. Not the one in the red plaid, but the one of you in the black T-shirt with your eyes open.


I am not doing Christmas this year. As an adult, I have always had a severe case of the blues about this time of year. This year is worse than usual.


I am a procrastinator and the closer it gets to Christmas the more I panic. Then it reaches the point I simply shut down for awhile. I want to hide out until it is all past. Then guilt creeps in because I feel like I have let everyone down.


I see the solution, but right now I do not have what it takes.


I can only imagine what your mother is going through right now. I think we would get along. I wrote her a letter and tried to explain just what you meant to me the six short months I knew you. I think she will understand and I hope it gives her some small relief from her grief.


"Let Me Go" has been floating in my brain the past two days. I know I need to let you go, but right now I am not ready. Knowing you, you will understand if it takes me a little while longer.


I am once again avoiding the mailman.


Later.




No comments:

Post a Comment