Friday, December 11, 2009

Never far away

Hey there. I bought 'naldo this morning. You know that money you kept saying you had not yet gotten in La Liga? It came through this week. Ironic, huh?

I also had some nice pickups in Champs League. Hopefully that will help me go up the ranks. It felt like you were looking over my shoulder while I was making those moves. Or maybe it was other influences?!?

I worked on getting Torres. Not sure he will be playing this week, so I passed on that move for EPL. I think I want drogba, too. Haha

You know something? You really were someone special. You managed to make everyone you came in contact with feel like they were pretty wonderful themselves. I only wish you knew just how much everyone cared for you.

I have gotten a glimpse of your real life. The guys in the basketball and hockey leagues. I exchanged thoughts with several of them. They all to a man said how special you were. Some had known you since college days. Others were students who have said what a profound influence you had on their lives.

In the short time I was priviledged to know you, you left a positive mark on my life. You showed me how to die. You showed me how to treat people. You showed me how to deal with a disease you know will take your life. And even when you knew you were dying, you took the time to share yourself with others. Others were more important to you than your own confrontation with mortality.

Yes, the mailman continues to deliver the mail. Yes, the sun rises and sets. But you still are in my heart; you are not gone from this world. I let you go, but I will keep you too.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment