Saturday, December 11, 2010

See the USA

Back in the day, Connie and I were Lucy and Ethel. There were times we got ourselves into hot water only to escape by the skin of our teeth. Connie drove a faded red tiny car. I think it was British made. I drove a 1951 Chevy like the one below, mine was faded brown.


We could drive the drag for an afternoon on 25 cents worth of gasoline, though there were times we had to push "Old Brown" because we ran out of gas.

We were not allowed to drive in the big city of Amarillo, so one day we took off for Amarillo in her little red car. We decided to go the back route so we would not run into "the parents." We made it more than halfway before we ran into her dad heading the other way. Oops.

We still have our Lucy and Ethel moments.

PCP Doc decided to replace the wick. I get to remove it myself Sunday. He prescribed some antibiotics to make sure the wound does not get infected.

I got lots done yesterday. Couch here I come.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment