Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sweeeeeeeeet

Bill introduced me to Harry & David a few years ago and I fell in love. The boys can do no wrong. I was surprised when the FedEx guy rang my doorbell yesterday, but once I saw what he had for me, I practically hugged him.

I played a bit of a torturous game with myself. What could be in the boxes? They had heft and did not rattle. Finally I could no longer wait. I grabbed a knife and began carefully cutting the tape.

Truffles!! I opened the other box. More truffles!!

I allowed myself to bite into one of the sinfully rich confections. Immediately my taste buds spasmed. The silkiness of the truffle's interior. The wonderfully rich dark chocolate shell. A chocoholic's dream.

I allowed myself a second but the richness prevented me from consuming the whole box in one sitting. Back in the day when I was a young foodie, I probably could have eaten my way though half the box. Ahh, the good times. With the years came a bit of wisdom and restraint. (The cast iron stomach has erroded over the years, too.)

Some days I find myself yearning to talk to you.

Later, Dude.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmm truffles!! I know that I'd probably have to put most of them in the freezer so I wouldn't eat them all in one sitting! lol Enjoy them! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humm we got a towew of gifts from Harry & Davids so I better ty those truffles..LOL Humm maybe do tht right now..
    Hugs :))

    ReplyDelete