Friday, January 21, 2011

Elixirs and fixers

Thought the temperatures chilled this morning, Connie and I got out to run some errands. By the time we finished, the air had warmed but the wind blew hard enough to offset the temperature gains.

We chose Thai Arawan for lunch. Connie got sweet and sour chicken and I got the banker's special.  I enjoy Oriental food, but now I am as thirsty as a peony in the desert.

We made a trip through the grocery store; neither one of us sure what we wanted except Diet DP, which was on sale. I guess I must be on a chocolate binge after a long time of restraint. Cookies, ice cream, and candy found their way into my basket.

By the time we got back to my apartment and I changed clothes and put away the groceries, I began to feel SOB. Nearly six hours had passed since my last Tyvaso treatment and I was beginning to feel the effects. The wind tends to make me feel bad, too. I did my treatment and lay on the couch for a bit.

I ate some cookies and subsequently feel yucky. My body, in not so polite terms, tells me what might taste good on the tongue will take its toll later.

Ted apparently drove across country to his hometown. Below is his latest blog post. If you are a Sox fan, check it out.

http://www.bottomlinesox.com/2011-articles/ted/boston-v-new-york.html

One of my friends got to see Junior Brown last night. I bet you would be jealous.

Missing you, Dude.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate and junk seems to be it these days, Manny & I made it to Walmart yesterday and seems we bought mostly junk to eat! I so need to get on track and eat better. Must be the damn cold...

    Take it EZ and have a great weekend...Luv & Hugs coming your way! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is comfort food we are needing right now. I love you dear! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete