Monday, January 31, 2011

You don't need a weatherman

The local weather guys hop from foot to foot in excitement. Ice, snow, doom, gloom. Who knows maybe this time the guys win. Just in case, I spent the better part of the morning yesterday cooking.

I made a meatloaf and a cheesy potato dish, the recipe I made up as I went along. I packed the cooked meal up along with some Emeril Italian Essence and delivered them to Connie. Her get up and go vanishes by the end of the day.

I also threw together a beef stew. My stew has tomato juice in it. I got carried away with the veggies and the pot ran over once the mixture came to a boil. So I had to put some in a smaller pan to cook. The runover left a huge mess on my stovetop. By this time I am worn out, so I left the mess.

Stew blood has dried now and will require twice the effort to vanquish the mess. The surface of the surrounding cabinets look like a serial killer had a party in my kitchen; tools of his trade sit nearby, ready evidence of the crime. Dirty dishes, failing to hide their latest debauchery, also donned a coat of stew juice. A chunk of carrot slipped to the floor on its way to veggie hades. Tissue fine chunks of onion skin cling to the counter.

So, bring on the blizzard, I can handle it.

The television however, does not offer much help in the entertainment arena. My idea of  blizzard heaven involves good food, drink, reading and TV. I love to bundle up on the couch with a kitty or two and watch some sports action on the tube.

Scant offerings push me into watching Winter X Games. To fill the alloted time, the producers show slo-mo for every contestant. After awhile I found that irksome. The live night events with the poor lighting drive me insane. The snowboarders were fun to watch, thanks in part to personalities like Shaun White. However, I must confess I find the snowmobile stuff a little out there.

I would much prefer to watch football, but even that will end next week. Soccer season continues as does basketball. Baseball hovers in the wings. But what does one watch on a Monday night?

I still miss someone.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment