Saturday, January 15, 2011

The sky is crying

Yesterday I went to the one place where I thought I could get a bit of sympathy. I found disappointment instead. Maybe I expected too much. Maybe the moon was not in the right phase. No matter, the blase reaction I got to my need for reassurance and comfort only served to make me wonder about my choices.

Today the sting smarts even more. Why do I bother? Maybe I need a vacation from everything.

Am I feeling sorry for myself? You bet. I feel the clouds moving over the sun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9M-52fRGU&feature=related

If I had the energy, I would cry. Instead, I sit here and try to write my emotions away. At times like this, I miss you the most, Dude. You were a great listener, but you liked to talk more. The wind of your words relegated my blues to their proper place.

Ted wrote about Luis Tiant on the Sox blog this time. Ted writes well, but needs an editor. I think he knows that. I remember discussing Tiant with you, Dude. The world seems full of coincidences as you put it.

http://bottomlinesox.com/

I am thankful for Connie, K, Boopie, the youngin's, J&D, J&B.

I am thankful for music that audibly expresses the way I feel.

I am thankful for the rudiments of life.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment