Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rude awakening

Some people like the internet because they can be someone they are not. I like it because I can be me, warts and all.

Much of my life I have spent trying to shape myself into someone else's mold. My way of trying to fit in, to be a part of some group. I tried being fun and cheerful when inside the rain poured.

At my job, I worked to be the best, but there always was someone who did it better. I rated mediocre at best. I never received the extra training or the seminars away from the job like some of the others did. I resented that and at the same time those decisions only reinforced my inferiority in my mind.

I spent most of yesterday wading through the process of Medicare. Whoo, boy. I still have not come to any decisions about what would be best for me, but I have learned that the process overwhelms and I will be broke in a month.

Somehow that seems wrong. People work most of their lives and when they tend to be the sickest and need the help, it costs their life savings.

Sometime during the past 70 years or so, some lawmakers thought it would be a good idea to borrow from Social Security. We all know from experience that robbing Peter to pay Paul does not work. The problem snowballs. But I will not continue in that useless vein.

Today I will get out to visit the vampire and pick up some prescriptions at the drugstore. Tomorrow's agenda includes lunch with Boopie and the youngin'.

Oh well, I will continue to soldier on.

Later, Dude.

1 comment:

  1. I so agree the medicare and SS shit blows...I do not know how the heck they ever think this will work for the sickest and the older folks...so sad!

    Enjoy your lunch today & stay warm...Hugs to ya..Keep on lil soilder!! :)) Luv ya..

    ReplyDelete