Sunday, January 2, 2011

Something to chew on

Another frigid day. Today the thermometer says 11. The wind behaves itself, so I can move about. A little wind at these temperatures can send me to the bed faster than a horned frog after a badger.

The new year brings a time of flux. The circle of life. A new cycle began yesterday. As time goes by, people and events hone us.

Meeting new people on FB has a positive and negative side. While sympathy and support sustain me, I grow weary at times from all the negativity. Those of us with rare diseases feel the penny pinch. Some of us have good insurance, some of us have none. A daily dose of please help my organization (me) raise money grates on my nerves. I feel empathy with these folks, I wish I could help everyone. The constant cacophony of pleas places a burden on me I am no longer willing to bear.

The situation presents itself like a bad tooth. The excruciating pain sends you to the dentist. He extracts the offending tooth but causes a different kind of pain. Eventually that pain goes away and you adapt to the missing tooth, pain free. So pull them all to make sure you are pain free? No, you need teeth, but the decaying tooth can cause problems with the others. So sometimes getting rid of one will save the others.

May the new year bring healing and hope.

Later, Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment